It’s September – the season of pumpkin EVERYTHING. I love it, and when I get that first taste of pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee, I’m ready to wait until December before moving on (to peppermint, of course).
We drink a LOT of coffee, and I wanted a more economical way to feed the habit, so I devised a recipe for my own delicious and SUPER CHEAP pumpkin spice coffee cream.
This recipe has gone through a few changes and will probably continue to evolve, but do try it, it’s cheap and it is so much more flavorful than the store bought. I’m not kidding, it’s really better. Oh and it’s easy!! Recipe will yield enough to almost fill two 16 oz. creamer bottles.
- 2½ cups water
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 cups non-dairy powder coffee creamer
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 8 tbsp. pureed pumpkin
- Add water to a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and whisk in white sugar, stirring until it’s dissolved.
- Add non-dairy powder creamer and whisk till it’s dissolved.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, stirring.
- Add purred pumpkin, stirring.
- Let mixture sit over the medium-low heat for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into blender or food processor.
- Puree through your blender/processor for about 1 minute.
When your mixture has cooled a bit, pour into storage containers. I just save a few old creamer bottles and use those over and over.
Refrigerate and use as you would any store bought, seasonal pumpkin coffee creamer. It will cost you roughly about a third to a quarter of what you are paying for store-bought Coffee Mate and International Delight coffee creams, and if you truly love pumpkin spice, you will get spoiled on all the flavor in this creamer.
Enjoy pumpkin spice season!